The Psalmist wrote, “I have set the Lord always before me” (Psalm 16:8 NIV). We need to acknowledge God’s presence at the outset of our prayers, rather than waiting until we’re through our list of requests to add “Oh, by the way, God, You’re pretty great, too.” God wants us always to acknowledge Him as our Father in heaven, and then to spend some time in praise and worship.
There are seven benefits of praise.
- Worship enhances our appreciation and love for God.
- Worship expands our vision.
- Worship eclipses our fears
- Worship energizes our work.
- Worship refreshes our spirit.
- Worship exhausts our enemy.
- Worship prepares us for heaven.
Prayer is an intimate conversation with Jesus our Father in heaven.