WEEK # 1 QUESTIONS:
Questions for Review Answers
1. What kind of response do you hope for when you give someone a gift?
Giving God the glory, because this is where the gift comes from.
2. How does gaining fame and fortune affect a person’s tendency to express appreciation to others?
It’s all about them and not about God. It’s ignoring who God is in their life.
3. What was the occasion of Hezekiah’s prayer to the Lord? (32:24)
He was sick until death.
4. How did the Lord respond to Hezekiah’s prayer? (32:24)
He answered him through a sign.
5. What kind of attitude did Hezekiah display after he was healed? (32:25)
His heart was lifted up
6. What kept Hezekiah and the people from being under the wrath of God? (32:26)
They humbled themselves to God (2 Chronicles 7:14)
7. What did Hezekiah do with all of his wealth and power? (32:27-30)
Stored them in storehouses everywhere
8. What remarkable engineering feat had Hezekiah accomplished while he was king? ( 2 Chronicles 32:30)
“Hezekiah also stopped the upper watercourse of Gihon, and brought it straight down to the west side of the city of David. And Hezekiah prospered in all his works.”
9. How did God test Hezekiah? ( 2 Chronicles 32:31)
God tried him to seek what was in his heart by allowing sickness to enter his body
10. What famous Bible prophet wrote about Hezekiah? (2 Chronicles 32:32)
11. What did the people think of Hezekiah when he died? (2 Chronicles 32:33)
They honored him at his burial
12. Who succeeded Hezekiah as king? (2 Chronicles 32:33)
Hezekiah’s son Manasseh reigned after him.
13. How does a serious illness or accident change our prayer habits?
Most time it will cause us to turn to God or turn away from Him.
14. What causes us to forget to thank or praise God for His blessings?
I believe separation from God will do this and focus on ourselves or others.
15. What kind of response does God want from us when He gives us good gifts?
God wants praises, honor, and giving Him the glory for what He has done in our lives.
16. Once we have sinned and disappointed God, what can we do to avoid His discipline?
We must repent and turn back to Him as2 Chronicles 7:14 says, amen.
17. In what ways do you feel God has tested you recently?
18. What unfortunate legacy did Hezekiah leave another generation because of his pride?
I believe their country going into captivity
19. Why might a person turn down a gift offered by another person or even by God?
It may be due to them feeling the pressure of honoring that people or God; or it may be their heart has turned to stone.
20. What could you do this week to help your regular prayer life become more like your emergency prayer life?
Change and pray always as Ephesians 6:18 says.
21. If the Lord tested you this week, what would be your greatest motivation and priority?
My greatest motivation would be to trust Him with all my heart, and lean not to my own understanding, and to pray and keep praying.