- How could you express love in the following situations?
a. At home
b. At school
c. At work
d. At church
e. At a sporting event
- Why is it important to love yourself? How do you do this? What often keeps a person from loving himself? How does this affect his love for others?
- How and why is love powerful enough to overcome prejudice, hatred, rebellion, anger, fear, or jealousy?
- Why do you feel love? (See Romans 5:5)
- How can you claim God’s love? Why is faith important in love?
- What resources can you cling to when you find it difficult to love someone?
a. 1 Peter 5:7
b. Philippians 4:13
c. Colossians 3:2, 13
d. 1 Thessalonians 3:12, 13
- How is love expressed in Colossians 1: 28?
- How can you relate the promise in 1 John 5:14, 15 to claiming God’s power to love others by faith? How does it relate to your own involvement in personal evangelism?
Make a list of people you do not like and begin to love them by faith. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with Christ’s love for each of them. Pray for each person. Think of ways you can demonstrate Christ’s love to them this week.